Here are the main characteristics of Retail Plus Professional and Retail Plus Touch:
The Point Of Sale
The point of sale screen has the following features:
- Easy to learn - You do not have to send your staff out for expensive training.
- Easy to use - Requires minimum keystrokes and the mouse is never required (but you can use it if you want).
- Flexible - Handles any combination of discounts, taxes, returns, credits and sale specials in one easy transaction.
- Automatic - Applies automatic discounts or preferred price levels to special customers.
- Rewarding - Helps your staff to practice suggestion selling and tracks their sales commissions.
- Accommodating - If something is not in stock you can send a customer order to the purchase order system.
- Secure - You control who can see the profit margins and stock counts.
- Customer-oriented - Lets you reward your best customers with a bonus points program.
- Versatile - Prints sales slips, price quotes, packing slips and account invoices.
- Up To Date - Works with all the current retail devices including bar code and credit card readers, customer display, cash drawer, barcoded scales, a two-color receipt printer and runs on any network.
The Retail Plus point of sale has evolved over a period of 25 years to offer a wide variety of options without putting clutter and complexity on the screen.
POS Sample Screen
The Client Database
A client database contains your customer's names, addresses and purchase histories. It keeps useful information about each customer that can help you with marketing and sales management. Some features of the client database are:
Fast - Lets you find a customer fast using a name, phone number, or a point-and-shoot pick list.
Informative - Shows you who bought what, when, for how much, how they paid, and who sold it to them.
Complete - Lets you keep notes on individual customers and even a photo if you wish.
Accurate - Creates accurately targeted mailing lists for special promotions or even product recalls.
Attracting a new customer costs much more than keeping an old one. This is why Retail Plus is geared towards improving customer relations. Mailings can be targeted using any aspect of the customer's purchase history which generates a much larger response than non-targeted mailings. There are many ways you can use the system's customer data to increase sales volume. In addition to the purchase history client database can also include memos for recording of any key information about a customer.
Client Database Sample Screen
Inventory Control / Purchase Orders
Good inventory control means balancing the expectations of your customers and your bankers, so you must avoid being either understocked or overstocked. Here are some inventory control features:
Flexible - Auto-generate purchase orders using a variety of calculation methods.
Current - Get up-to-the-minute reports for sales, inventory, low stock, over stock, and on-order items.
Precise - Read data from a portable stock counting device.
In Control - Do on-screen preview and editing of purchase orders.
Fine Tuned - Consider base stock, re-order points, re-order quantities and sales performance when calculating orders.
Focused - Limit any report to selected items, suppliers or departments.
The inventory system includes a wide selection of processes from receiving & transferring stock to importing & exporting stock data. The system also uses the internet to transmit inventory adds & changes, sales logs and stock levels between stores or to and from head office.
Inventory Database Screen Sample
With Retail Plus you can choose to use the built-in accounts receivable system or transfer all you open invoices to QuickBooks. The built-in invoicing system has:
- Fast payment and reprinting options.
- Client oriented displays - its always easy to pull up all Jane Doe's invoices.
- Monthly statements and late charges.
- Option to open the invoice database in MS-Excel.
- A screen for reviewing any client's invoices in QuickBooks and making payments on them.
Well designed reports can reveal some surprises about the nature of your business. Examples include:
- A selection of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports including top sellers.
- A selection of inventory reports including overstock, under stock, audit and shrinkage.
- Options to focus any report on selected items, suppliers, department or code range.
- History of daily sales and POS totals.
- Option to subtotal reports by department.
- Catalogue style output with product description, stock numbers, and prices.
- Export of sales data to a spreadsheet program for further analysis.
The goal of retail management software is to let you concentrate on your sales and customers, not on your computer. The convenience features in Retail Plus are:
- Extensive use of pick lists for finding items, invoices or clients (including client lookup by name, company phone number or customer number).
- Help screens free of computer jargon, available at the push of a button.
- Support for multiple inventory files - and stock transfers between stores.
- Sales tracking by product, department and client.
- Comparative sales histories.
- Price quotes that can be recalled and processed as sales.
- Import inventory from other databases.
- Store all data in a common file format for access by other programs.
- Stock code duplication check.
- POS screen can display the all-time total spent by a client.
Security refers to two different things:
1 - The ability to limit access to information or program functions. This is used to make sure that staff cannot make unauthorized transactions or see confidential information. Each employee is assigned a password to determine their access level.
Some of the Retail Plus password features are:
- Passwords determine the functions a person can use.
- All sales transactions are logged with the date, time and name of the sales person.
- Optional requirement for a manager's password before the system will void a sale.
- A training mode, in which all POS functions can be used but no data is saved.
- Password prompts that can be turned off.
2 - The ability to roll back (restore) your data to a previously saved version. This is used to undo the results of serious errors. For example, say you delete twenty invoices and then discover that they were the wrong twenty. Everyone who works with computers has days like that (bar none). An easy way out can avoid big headaches.
The Retail Plus rollback features are:
- Selective roll back - the user can choose sales, inventory, client or invoice data.
- Selective or batch backup - back up selected files or do them all in a at once.
- Automatic warning if your disk space runs low.
[ TOP ]
Home | Features | POS Download | Point Of Sale Answers
DIY Point Of Sale | Software Support | Prices | Point Of Sale Dealers
QuickBooks Links | Retail Plus Contact