Our users asked and we responded. Here are just some of the new features in version 3.0:
- Set up your own buttons for quick sale of the most popular items (FastKeys).
- Add an extra discount for cash paying customers.
- Has a re-designed Sale Totals window to make payments and invoice printing easier and more flexible. For instance you can now easily switch between printing receipts and full page invoices.
- Both the inventory and client lookups are faster, easier and more flexible. Now you can find items using word searches rather than just indexed fields.
- Has a re-designed "Split Tender" window for customers who present two methods of payment in one transaction.
- Easier setups for POS hardware.
- Recurrent billings for things like memberships or subscriptions.
- A new sales-by-supplier report.
- Display the total margin on a transaction in progress - good for negotiating a package price.
- Support for Zebra and Wasp barcode printers.
- Improved backup and restore function.
- Issue RMA's (returned merchandise authorizations) to customers and track RMA's from suppliers.
- Canadian penny rounding.
- And many more small convenience features, including Windows 7 compatibility.
Moving Your Data To Version 3.0
To move all your data into version 3.0 just run the Backup command in the older version and run the Restore command in version 3.0. Follow this with the Rebuild command to make sure the data and index files are updated. If necessary you can move the backup folder from one machine to another using a memory key. Unless you are a computer tech avoid using a CD to move the data folder. Burning files to a CD sometimes changes the file attributes to read-only and this has to be corrected before restoring them in Retail Plus.
Here are the upgrading steps in sequence:
1- In the older version run the Backup command and let Retail Plus write the data files to a backup folder on the local C: drive. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / OK …
2 - Create a fresh installation of Retail Plus 3.0 on the same machine or a new one. If it is the same machine do not install it into the same folder as the old version. The easiest thing to do is just accept the installer defaults. If it's a new computer then copy the Backup folder you just made on the old computer onto the new computer. The easiest way to do this is with a USB memory key or thumb drive. Avoid using a CD because Windows changes the file attributes to Read Only on a CD.
3 – Launch version 3.0 and create a new empty inventory file with the same name as the one you used in the old version. The menu path is: File / Inventory / New…
4 – When the new empty inventory file is set up run the Restore command and point the file dialog at the old inventory file in the Backup folder. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / Restore…
5 – When the restore operation is done (it usually goes very fast) update the file structures using the Rebuild command. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / Rebuild…
If you are planning to print your own barcode labels you may need a bar code font installed on your computer. Do the following to install the one supplied with Retail Plus:
For Windows XP - Click on the Start button, select Settings and then Control Panel. Double-click on the Fonts folder. This opens a window with a menu. Pull the File menu down to Install New Font. A window appears where you can locate and open the Retail Plus folder. When the font name appears double-click on 3 of 9 Barcode (True Type).
For later versions of Windows just locate the font file named 3OF9.TTF in the Retail Plus 30 folder and right-click on it. Select Install and it's done.
Home | Features | POS Download | Point Of Sale Answers
DIY Point Of Sale | Software Support | Prices | Point Of Sale Dealers
QuickBooks Links | Retail Plus Contact