Retail Plus Point Of Sale Software Upgrades
Our users asked and we responded. Here are just some of the new features in Retail Plus Version 4.0:
- Set up programmable buttons for quick sale of the most popular items (FastKeys).
- Add an extra discount for cash paying customers.
- Shopify web store integration.
- Switch between printing receipts and full page invoices.
- Faster, easier and more flexible inventory & client lookups. Locate items using word searches rather than indexed fields.
- New "Split Tender" window for customers who present two methods of payment in one transaction.
- Simple setups for POS hardware.
- Recurrent billings for things like memberships or subscriptions.
- A new sales-by-supplier report.
- Display the total margin on a transaction in progress - good for negotiating a package price.
- Support for Zebra and Wasp barcode printers.
- Improved backup and restore function.
- Issue RMA's (returned merchandise authorizations) to customers and track RMA's from suppliers.
- Canadian penny rounding.
- And many more small convenience features, including Windows 10 compatibility.
Moving Your Data To Version 4.0
To move all your data into the new version just run the Backup command in the older version and run the Restore command in the new version. Follow this with the Rebuild command to make sure the data and index files are updated. If necessary you can move the backup folder from one machine to another using a memory key. Unless you are a computer tech avoid using a CD to move the data folder. Burning files to a CD sometimes changes the file attributes to read-only and this has to be corrected before restoring them in Retail Plus.
Here are the upgrading steps in sequence:
1- In the older version run the Backup command and let Retail Plus write the data files to a backup folder on the local C: drive. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / OK …
2 - Create a fresh installation of Retail Plus 4.0 on the same machine or a new one. If it is the same machine do not install it into the same folder as the old version. The easiest thing to do is just accept the installer defaults. If it's a new computer then copy the Backup folder you just made on the old computer onto the new computer.
3 - Run the Restore command and point the file dialog at the Backup folder. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / Restore…
4 – When the restore operation is done (it usually goes very fast) update the file structures using the Rebuild command. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / Rebuild…
If you are planning to print your own barcode labels you may need a bar code font installed on your computer. Just locate the font file named 3OF9.TTF in the Retail Plus folder and right-click on it. Select Install and it's done.
Home | Features | POS Download | Point Of Sale Answers
DIY Point Of Sale | Software Support | Prices | Point Of Sale Dealers
QuickBooks Links | Retail Plus Contact