Point of Sale Systems Features
Store Proven POS Software For Over 30 Years
Retail Plus offers the right mix of simplicity and features.
POS System Customer Checkout
- Easy to learn with just an internet connection or smartphone – You do not have to send your staff out for expensive training.
- Easy to use – Simple customer checkouts with many advanced features like a barcode scanner, touch screens, card payments processing for debit cards and credit cards, and mobile payment options like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Flexible – Handles any combination of discounts, taxes, receipts, returns, credits and sale specials in one easy transaction.
- Automatic – Applies automatic discounts or preferred price levels to special customers and offers other customer relationship management (CRM) options for a better customer experience.
- Rewarding – Helps your staff to practice suggestion selling and tracks their sales commissions at the checkout counter.
- Accommodating – If something is not in stock, you can send a customer order to the purchase order system and flag it for store pickup when it arrives.
- Secure – You control everything from who can see the profit margins and stock counts to who can give discounts for loyalty programs.
- Customer-oriented – Lets you reward your best customers with a bonus points program for greater customer satisfaction.
- Versatile – Printers capable of printing sales slips, price quotes, packing slips, and account invoices.
- Up To Date – Integrations with all the current retail devices, including bar code and credit card readers, customer display, cash drawer, barcoded scales, a two-color receipt printer and runs on any network.
Our point of sale system has evolved over a period of 25 years to offer a wide variety of options to retail businesses without putting clutter and complexity on the cashier screen or the customer-facing display.
POS – Features at a Glance
- Easy To Use For Faster Checkouts
- Four Security Levels
- Product Photos
- Touch-Screen Ready
- Time-Limited Specials
- Secure Debit and Credit Processing
- Exports To MS-Excel
- Links To QuickBooks
- Suggestion Selling
- Random Weight Barcodes
- Sales Commissions
- Suspended Sales
- Packing Slips & Labels
A client database in a POS contains your shoppers’ names, addresses, and purchase histories. It keeps useful information about each customer that can help you gather important insights for marketing and sales management, as well as creating customer loyalty programs. It also makes it easier to engage with customers on social media or on your mobile app. Some features of the client database are:
- Fast – Lets you find a customer fast using a name, mobile device number, or a point-and-shoot picklist.
- Informative – Shows you who bought what, when, for how much, how they paid, and who sold it to them.
- Complete – Lets you keep notes on individual customers, and even a photo if you wish.
- Accurate – Creates accurately targeted mailing lists for special promotions or even product recalls.
Attracting a new customer costs much more than keeping an old one. This is why Retail Plus is geared towards improving customer relations for small businesses and larger organizations alike. Mailings can be targeted using any aspect of the customer’s purchase history, which generates a much larger response than non-targeted mailings. There are many ways you can use the system’s customer data to increase sales volume. In addition to the purchase history, a client database can also include memos for recording any key information about a customer.
Client Database Features at a Glance
- Email Addresses
- Birthday / Anniversary
- Standard Discount
- Prints Envelopes & Labels
- Onscreen Photo ID
- Data Import & Export
- Unlimited Database Size
- Sorts By Purchase Date
- Customer Orders
- Customer Quick Search
- Client Prices & Tax Setup
- Credit Limits
- Detailed Purchase History
- Layaways & Price Quotes
- Reward Points Program
- Targeted Mailing Lists for Customer Relationship Management
Inventory Control / Purchase Orders
Good inventory management means balancing the expectations of your customers and your bankers, so you must avoid being either understocked or overstocked. Here are some inventory control features:
- Flexible – Auto-generate purchase orders using a variety of calculation methods.
- Current – Get up-to-the-minute reports for sales, inventory, low stock, overstock, and on-order items.
- Precise – Read data from a portable stock counting device.
- In Control – Do on-screen preview and editing of purchase orders.
- Fine Tuned – Consider base stock, re-order points, re-order quantities, and sales performance when calculating orders.
- Focused – Limit any report to selected items, suppliers or departments.
The inventory system includes a wide selection of processes from receiving & transferring stock to importing & exporting stock data. The system also uses the internet to transmit inventory adds & changes, sales logs, and stock levels between stores or to and from head office.
Inventory Control – Features at a Glance
- Extensive Reports
- Color & Size Matrix
- Gift Baskets & Kits
- Purchase Orders
- Supplier/Vendor Database
- Multiple Inventories
- No Size Limits
- Serial Number Tracking
- Purchase Orders
- Built-In Backup
- Sales Promotions
- Import & Export
- Inter-store Transfers
- Web Shop Support
- Internet Communications and Mobile POS
Security Features for Peace of Mind
Rollback Security Features
This is a feature with the ability to roll back (restore) your data to a previously saved version. This is used to undo the results of serious errors. For example, say you delete twenty invoices and then discover that they were the wrong twenty. Everyone who works with computers has days like that (bar none). An easy way with convenient POS hardware out can avoid big headaches. The user can choose sales, inventory, client, or invoice data.
Password Security Features
The ability to limit access to information or program functions is crucial for any POS system and payment processor. This is used to make sure that staff cannot make unauthorized transactions or see confidential information. Each employee is assigned a password to determine their access level.