Some New Features available in Retail Plus Version 5.0:
- E-commerce integration. Combine your store and e-commerce management.
- New reports and accounting exports.
- Improved backup and restore function.
- Improved matrix features for tracking colors and sizes.
- Enhanced sales tax functions for out-of-state or province taxes.
- More card processing options.
- THC sales support for easy regulatory compliance.
- New convenience features for faster and easier workflow…
Here are the upgrading steps in sequence:
- In the older version run the Backup command and let Retail Plus write the data files to a backup folder on the local C: drive. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / OK. If you are also installing on a new computer let Retail Plus write the data files to a memory key or thumb drive instead.
- If you don’t already have one, get a license key for the new version here and Download Version 5.0
- Create a fresh installation of Retail Plus 5.0 on the same machine or a new one. If it is the same machine do not install it into the same folder as the old version. The easiest thing to do is just accept the installer defaults. If it’s a new computer then copy the Backup folder you just made on the old computer onto the new computer.
- Run the Restore command and point the file dialog at the Backup folder. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / Restore…
- When the restore operation is done (it usually goes very fast) update the file structures using the Rebuild command. The menu path is: Tools / Backup / Rebuild…
If you are planning to print your own barcode labels you may need a bar code font installed on your computer. Just locate the font file named 3OF9.TTF in the Retail Plus folder and right-click on it. Select Install and it’s done.